gameplay for the grown-up Numble enthusiast

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

where are all the grown ups?


There's very little online that I can find which involve the Numble Cross-Numbers Game and adult players.

Too bad, as the only people I can really think to play it with are adults, who have the hours-long patience of Scrabble players, the precision of CPAs mixed with the looniness that comes from following silly, arbitrary rules.

Ah, but the rules themselves are a little fuzzy, aren't they? In my Numble matches, we've found loopholes, had to develop house rules, and are still discovering the hindrances and allure of the game itself.

So here we have it, a place for those closeted grown-ups playing Numble in secret when the kids are asleep.

So here's to Game Nights everywhere, and those battered red boxes. Bring out those calculators and bring it on!

1 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

I love this game!
I found a used one at our Goodwill store for 99 cents. (I don't think anyone ever really even "used" it). LOL!!

My hubby and I would play it. Once we tried to hook our youngest son into playing too but I don't think he has the attention span for it. (There are no flashing lights or crazy sounds going off). :o)

Oh! Instead of Numble, we like to call it Scrumble. LOL!!!

10:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home